We organise 8 events each year based on the traditional Cornish Calendar:
- Montol (Penzance)
- Candlemas (Penzance)
- The Penzance May Horns (Penzance)
- Midsummer Fire/Tansys Golowan (West Cornwall)
- Guldize (Penzance)
- Allantide (Penzance)
- Redruth Wassail (Redruth)
- Penryn Mock Mayor
We also host seasonal events on a non regular basis, these have included:
- St Piran’s Day
- Paul Pitcher Night
- Penzance Mock Mayor Election (on behalf of and in association with Golowan)
We run two major community music projects, The Raffidy Dumitz Band and the CCA singers.
We run work shops aimed at introducing Cornish Culture to new people and enhancing the skills and knowledge of those who already take part in it, these have included:
- Traditional costume creation workshops.
- Guise Dancer mask making.
- Cornish Traditional Corn Craft.
- Making May Whistles workshops
- Cornish Culture Courses.
- Lectures on Cornish Folklore.
- Turnip lantern making workshops.
Our leading project is the Cornish Culture resource centre in Penzance which has facilities such as a costume library and space for our workshops.
We also have the largest online and Social Media presence of any Cornish Cultural group with over 3100 twitter followers and over half a million visitors to this site since its launch. We have a two highly successful Facebook pages and a YouTube channel where we post regular videos on the subject of Cornish Culture.
At the heart of everything we do is our community statement.
“We believe that Cornish Culture is the best way to bring the Cornish Community together regardless of ethnic origin, political beliefs, gender or any other factor. This makes our community stronger and more capable of dealing with the challenges of the 21st Century.”
If you are interested in supporting our work please consider joining the association.